Thursday, September 4, 2008

Butterflies, polar bears, white wolves, and Riley too...

Tonight I received an email from my son with the pictures he took during our visit to the zoo a few weeks ago (I forgot to take my camera, but fortunately he remembered his), and I thought I'd share a few of my favorites with you. They include polar bears and a white wolf from the "Artic Encounters" exhibit. Polar bears are my favorite bear and I'm really worried about their survival in the wild with so much of their habitat melting away. I've also posted a couple pictures from the "Butterfly House". It's a fun exhibit because there are hundreds of butterflies from all over the U.S. flying all around you as you walk through it. The photos don't do the exhibit justice though, because you just can't see how many butterflies there really are. But walking through the exhibit is amazing--butterflies flying all around and landing not only on the plants and flowers, but on the people too. And last, but not least, I had to post a couple pictures of my favorite real live "teddy bear," our little dog, Riley. He's so cute, I just want to hug and squeeze him all the time!















Well, that's the end of my pictures for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing them. Check back Friday/Saturday because I'm planning on putting up some teddy bear pictures as a preview to my website update scheduled for Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 4:00 p.m. EST ( www.marygeorgebears.com )
Sunday is also "Grandparent's Day"-- so HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY to all the grandparents!





































































































No comments: